VaPore™ is Palmer Foundry’s proprietary process of producing vacuum tight aluminum castings of exceptional quality. Thousands of our aluminum castings are in service worldwide for critical high vacuum applications with a spotless record of no field failures due to casting defects or vacuum leaks. With 1.00E-09 Torr pump down capabilities, VaPore™ castings are high-performance, exceptional quality castings expertly finished by skilled craftsmen and high precision CNC machines. Casting is often a better and less expensive process of producing parts than machined aluminum billets or stainless steel weldments — and VaPore™ produces the best of the best — due to the many ways we’ve invented to control casting variables. With VaPore™, you get:
- Casting Design Assistance: We ensure that the casting design is optimized for vacuum integrity and cost effectiveness.
- Pattern Design: Our extensive experience in this specialized eld means all necessary tooling is designed and constructed for long life and efficient casting production.
- VaPore™6: Our specially developed aluminum alloy is optimized for vacuum tightness and highly managed porosity while maintaining excellent machining and polishing characteristics.
- VaPore™ Metal Processing: Our sophisticated metal processing and handling technology delivers high quality metal that is free of impurities.
- High Quality Mold Production: Exclusive molding and coremaking practices perfected over decades are an integral part of our VaPore™ process.
- Complete Finishing: VaPore™ castings are finished by highly skilled craftsmen. Heat treating, straightening, and gauging of critical dimensions are closely controlled to meet and exceed your quality standards.
- Quality & Process Control: Advanced serialization, sampling and our state-of-the-art inspection technology that digitizes the surface of the casting comprise our industry leading quality assurance system.
- Machining & Final Finishing for Clean Room Assembly: We can recommend several highly qualified machining partners who complement the VaPore™ aluminum casting process. This makes it easy to purchase complete components consisting of VaPore™ aluminum casting that have been machined, polished, helium leak tested, cleaned, and packaged for clean room assembly.